Recently I came home with a mirror I found at the thrift store for Lily’s room. She was horrified that I had bought it for her room. However, after giving it a face lift she was very pleased.
As I shared in November, Lily wanted purple zebra room. She also wanted LOTS of pillows on her bed. Have you priced pillows lately? Well I was not thrilled at what I found, so I decided to get crafty.
We had an extra pillow case that came with a set of sheets, so I claimed it and with less less than $1.50, I was able to make this for her.
At the craft store I purchased a sheet of zebra print felt ($0.99) and one-forth of a yard of light weight Wonder Under ($0.37 on sale). I only used about half of the Wonder Under but knew I could use it for other projects.
When I came home I ironed the Wonder Under to the felt according to the directions on the package, being careful not to melt the felt. Then using my Cricut I cut letters from the felt. This was only partially successful and did not cut the letters all the way through. So I used a pair of sharp scissors to finish cutting the letters. I then used the iron to attach the letters to the pillow case.
If/when I do this again, I will print the letters on regular paper in a large font and use the paper letters as a pattern to cut the felt letters. Also, I used the full piece of felt with little waste. If you have more letters additional sheets of felt would be needed.
If you like zebra print check out the matching dish I made for her dresser here.
In preparation for our move I am preparing to redecorate the kids bedrooms. Lily has decided she wants a purple zebra room. My first little project for her room was a bowl for her to put little things in such as coins, jewelry or any of the little things she does not want to lose.
It all began with a miniature ceramic dish I picked up at the dollar store. I have seen many projects on Pinterest that used a Sharpie to decorate dishes. After some research, I noticed that there were many complaints that the item did not stand up to being washed in the dishwasher. Since that was not an issue I decided to continue.
Using a fine marker I drew a zebra pattern in the bottom of the dish and then baked it at 375* for 45 minutes. I allowed it to cool overnight in the oven. The next morning I hand washed it. Lily loves it!