Our PiPas have been meeting virtually during the Covid pandemic. We have recently completed the Bible Basics badge. The hardest part of this badge when meeting virtually is requirement #17. Since this is not an optional there is no way around it. But our girls did great. With the help of family they were able to complete requirement #17.
Requirement #17 has the girls prepare a skit, illustrating one of Jesus’ parables. I provided the girls with a list of parables and armed with their smart phones, and the help of their families they were able to create some amazing skits. I was then able to share the skits electronically to the other units and completed this requirement.
Jesus used 46 different parables during his time on earth. To help you with this requirement I want to share a list of a few parables I found.
- The Two Builders (Matthew 7:24–27; Luke 6:46–49)
- The Sower and the Seed (Matthew 13:3–9; Mark 4:1–9; Luke 8:4–8)
- The Wheat and the Tares (Matthew 13:24–30)
- The Mustard Seed (Matthew 13:31–32; Mark 4:30–32; Luke 13:18–20)
- Leaven in the Dough (Matthew 13:33; Luke 13:20–21)
- The Hidden Treasure (Matthew 13:44)
- The Moneylender (Luke 7:41–43)
- The Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25–42)
- The Friend in Need (Luke 11:5–8)
- The Rich Fool (Luke 12:15–21)
- The Master’s Return (Luke 12:35–40)
- The Great Banquet (Luke 14:15–24)
- The Lost Sheep (Matthew 18:12–14; Luke 15:3–7)
- The Unmerciful Servant (Matthew 18:23–34)
- The Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11–32)
- The Dishonest Steward (Luke 16:1–8)
- The Master and His Servant (Luke 17:7–10)
- The Laborers in the Vineyard (Matthew 20:1–16)
- The Two Sons (Matthew 21:28–31)
- The Three Servants and the Talents (Matthew 25:14–30; Luke 19:11–27)
If you are working on the Bible Basics merit badge, here are a few other resources that you may find helpful…
NOTE: The requirements have been simplified here. Please be sure to read the full text in the American Heritage Girl Handbook to make sure you fully understand the requirements.