To go with the Panda Bear Hat I shared last week, I created a pair of fingerless mitts for my niece.
I began with a simple pattern for fingerless mitts that I had used before. But since I loved the color change in the hat, I opted to replicate it in the gloves. The ombre pattern from the hat was one stitch short so I added to the pattern. I decided to place the gray in the palms of the hands and the mint green at the wrist (gray would show less dirt and wear).
If you would like to create a pair of mitts like those pictured above, begin by printing the pattern for Peekaboo Mitts.
- Work 10 rounds of 2×2 ribbing in mint green
- Knit 5 rounds in mint green.
- Switch to the pattern below and repeat it twice to equal the number of stitches in each round.
- Knit 5 rounds in gray.
- Follow the instructions for the thumb gussett (13 rows) in the original pattern
- Knit 5 rounds in gray
- Knit 5 rounds of 2×2 ribbing and bind-off.
- Complete the thumb as outlined in the original pattern.