According to the calendar it is officially spring. I know it may not seem like it based on the weather in some places, but the blooming Bradford Pear trees here in Texas confirm that spring is upon us.
I recently made this wreath for my front door. It was a quick and easy project – my favorite. Here is a list of supplies used.
- Wire wreath frame
- Most of one roll of 21 inch wide mesh in bright green
- 1.5 inch wide blue wired ribbon
- Scraps of pink and purple 6 inch wide mesh
- Green pipe cleaners to attach the mesh
- 26 gauge wire (to attach the decorations)
- Frog and butterfly decorations (obtained from the Dollar Tree)
- Acrylic paint (to change the color of the “welcome” sign)
- Wire cutters
I began with a cute frog welcome sign I picked up at the local Dollar Tree. The “welcome” was green, so I painted it pink so it would pop against the green mesh.
With the help of some friends I attached the green mesh to the frame. We used pipe cleaners to hold it into place. Next we added the blue ribbon, alternating between the inside and outside of the frame.
After adding the bits of pink and purple mesh, I attached the frog and the butterflies with the craft wire.
It now hangs on my front door, creating a pop of color and welcoming everyone to my home.