In between celebrating my birthday and getting ready to move to Florida, my needles have been busy clicking away.
I found this pattern with the help of Pinterest. The full pattern can be found here.
I made this hat (along with a scarf and headband) from a skein of Red Hear Super Saver turquoise acrylic yarn. Unlike a traditional ribbed brim were the rows line up vertically, these are staggered to create a diagonal pattern. I am pleased with the overall look of the hat. However it was a little larger than I had hoped. I made the adult small for my 10-year-old niece’s birthday. While it should fit (based on my daughter’s head) it was not overly snug. If I make this hat again I will use a smaller gauge needle and/or decrease the number of stitches.