Now that we no longer live in Florida, my daughter was excited for me to make her a pair of fingerless mitts.
She picked the yarn and the pattern. The pattern for Lazy Rib Fingerless Mitts can be found here.
I have to admit I was very disappointed in this pattern. There is a little confusion in the row number but I could live with it. I knitted the pattern as written for the larger size. The pattern has the same number of stitches on both the top and the bottom edge. This created a mitt that was huge around the fingers. I ended up trashing that mitt and starting over.
For the second and third mitt that I knitted, I decreased the pattern after the thumb gusset. I did not make notes of decrease, rather I just winged it. While this method is a real pain in the butt, my daughter is happy with them, so I will take it as a win.
On to the next project…